Monday, August 27, 2012

Always a Bridesmaid...

Maybe I won’t get married, you know?  Maybe I’ll do one of those Eat Pray Love things….

Ugh.  No, I don’t wanna pray.  Forget it.

I'll Just die alone

- Mindy Kaling

This break has been nothing short of amazing and slightly stressful, not to mention it is going by too quickly! I need to catch you guys up on life as I have been slacking since I haven't had much to avoid lately. 

I went back to Shreveport the first few days of my break since my little Scarlett was turning one. In Korea the first birthday is a pretty big deal, so there was no way I would ever miss my niece's "you survived your first year on Earth" party. I also got to hang out with some old friends and it made me miss Shreveport a ton or maybe just the good company I was with. I'm not sure. Regardless, I realized that I need to make a decision on where I am going to set up shop soon because there is a world full of people that need my help and influence. 
Happy first birthday my blue-eyed princess! 
She kept wanting to get on the table to get adjusted. I think that is one smart 2 year old already knowing that her nervous system needs to be subluxation and interference free!
While I was away, Elle Woods and Molly went wedding invitation shopping. Molly's engagement photo shoot was coming up and Elle suggested that I "style" the outfits that Molly and JC should wear. Everyone knows I love fashion, and I definitely have my own style; I was super excited to take the sweatpants and t-shirt wearing girl, into the fashionable counterpart of a very Southern gent. 

Sorry. I have yet to fully introduce my lovely girlfriend to you all. Yes, you saw us eat popcorn on my bed and scroll the internet at 3 am after the bar, but you know little about this love of mine.

Facts about Molly:
  • She is from Homestead, Fl. Never heard of it? Just travel an hour south of Miami....yea, I thought Miami was the most south you could go in Florida too. 
  • She used to be an amazing dancer (not the kind with a pole guys). Even though she may not know how to drop it like it's hot, she is a dream to dress in clothes because most everything looks good on her.
  • She is home-schooled. Though she may be smarter than the rest of us public school kids, her knowledge in pop music sucks. 
  • She loves to sleep. I have never met anyone that could sleep until 2 in the afternoon until I met this girl.
  • She is always late. Reference bullet above. 
Now that you actually know Molly, I feel like we can move on with this post. She asked me not too long ago to be a bridesmaid in her upcoming December wedding. Of course I said yes because my identity depends on being a bridesmaid...again. Since she is a laid back kind of girl, she is letting us pick our own dresses as long as they are navy and having us wear cowboy boots. Awesome? I think so! I have no qualms about being a bridesmaid for this bride because her ability to become a bridezilla is slim to none. 

Thursday was the day of the shoot and I had been doing nothing all morning. I was getting ready to go to my appointment to get adjusted when Molly tells me that she was picking props up for her shoot at 5:30pm in Mckinney. It was 2:30pm. Why was she running around picking up props at 2:30 the DAY OF her photoshoot? Because she didn't wake up until 2 O'clock of course. She asked if I could help her with a project before the shoot and insisted I not skip my appointment to help her. I left Parker's student clinc at 3:45 and although I don't regret going to my appointment, I regret going to my appointment. 

I get there and the girl is NOT dressed, has on NO make-up, and is JUST finishing straightening her hair. Great. We have 45, an hour at the latest to be out of the house. She puts me to work cutting up brulap in to triangles and stapling them to a string to make a thank you sign (I assumed this was a Pinterst find). I also needed to paint the words thank you in blue paint. Hmmm...45 minutes...let's go! 

Needless to say the project wasn't finished in 45 minutes nor was Molly ready. We scramble around like crazy people because we realize that JC's car is at Logan's and Molly's car is inoperable. Ergh. We had so many things to pack up so I say that we take my car just for the sake of being on time for once. Everything gets thrown in the car and I am sitting in my own back seat with balloons and other props, burlap and some paint. We make our trek to Mckinney as I stupidly paint burlap in the back seat with my favorite dress on that I have only worn once prior to this. You see where this is going right? Yea...blue paint on my orange dress...go Broncos!

After I finish whining about my dress, I complete the sign and push it aside. Molly takes a crazy turn and the sign and residual wet paint get on me. Le sigh. The photo shoot went well however despite the mosquitos, the stickers (the ones that come off of plants), heat, and our being late (she is going to be late to her own funeral). She thanked me with a steak dinner and a lot of I love yous, so I couldn't be too mad. It all comes with bridesmaid territory, especially when you are the only bridesmaid in state during an event. When and if I ever get married, all my friends that I have been a bridesmaid from have another thing coming. It's called payback!

And this girl thinks she doesn't look good in yellow. Pah! Crazy!
My friend Amber and I had a chit chat about all this getting married vs. being single thing. After great debate have settled with the idea that we may just be alone with each other and our cats that will have out survived our beloved dogs. We have decided that we will be in the club in our 90s yelling, "that's my shit!" when Back that Ass up comes on and droppin' it like its hot with our wrinkled behinds. Well...I won't be wrinkled she says because I will always have good skin since I am half black and asian. She said that she will be wrinkled with leather skin though because "white people don't wear sunscreen." Oh man I love that girl!

Before I forget! I watched a new show today that stars Mindy Kaling (chick from The Office) called The Mindy Project. I think it may become my new favorite show since Private Practice is ending this season. I know that I will become an Addison Montgomery one day, but Mindy is the Diamond of her 20's and I love it! I'm sure she too is always a bridesmaid. 




No comments:

Post a Comment